Anyone who wants to start a food business must first obtain an FSSAI license. The State FSSAI License is required for small and medium-sized manufacturers, retailers, distributors, marketers, and those involved in the food business and related operations. The FSSAI is in charge of overseeing business operations and giving FSSAI licenses to food industry proprietors.To receive this license, the food business operator must operate in only one state. This license applies to all food units that trade within India and have an annual revenue of INR 12 Lakhs to INR 20 Lakhs. This license has a five-year term with a one-year minimum validity period.
IMPORTANCE OF FSSAI STATE LICENSE
- Everyone person engaging in food operations activities such as production, selling, transportation, or in any way dealing with food items must get a state license.
- The Food Safety and Standards Act of 2006 has made significant reforms to protect and improve food quality and hygiene. Before establishing a food business, a person must obtain an FSSAI registration and license, according to the laws.
- Recognition-The food license and logo raise brand visibility and recognition between customers and the general public.
- Credibility is developed.A valid food license enables businesses at all activities to promote and increase their trust.
- Advantage in the Market. FSSAI Logo helps in the process of customer building. Food businesses with an FSSAI licence have a competitive advantage over their competitors in the same market.
FOOD OPERATORS UNDERS FSSAI LICENSES
FSSAI stands for Food Safety and Standard Authority of India, and it is the primary authority in charge of regulating and supervising food safety and hygiene in India. All food operators doing business in India must have an FSSAI license, which is issued by this government.The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has developed standards for food operators, as well as regulations for the manufacture, storage, sale, import, and distribution processes, to ensure that the food consumed by millions of people is safe, hygienic, and of good quality.
The organization has also built a series of data for the general populace and customers to obtain accurate and reliable information on food safety, cleanliness, and other related issues. The following are the several types of FSSAI licenses that have been issued:
- State License
- Central License
- Basic Registration
ELIGIBILITY FOR STATE FSSAI LICENSE
The yearly sales of the business must lie between Rs. 12 lakhs and Rs. 20 crores to qualify for a State Food License. The owner of a food business must apply for an FSSAI State License with the state government where the business is located. The following entities are eligible to apply for a state license if their turnover is greater than the indicated amount:
- old business operators with an annual turnover of within Rs. 12 lakhs to up to Rs. 20 crores.
- Proprietary foods
- Production and processing units of vegetable oil by the process of solvent extraction and refineries including oil expeller unit. With an annual turnover within Rs. 12 lacs to Rs. 20 crores.
- Hotels of 4-star ratings or less
- Dairy Units including milk chilling units, with a daily limit to handle or process, among 500 to 50000 lit
- Storages having a capacity of less than 50,000 metric tons yearly.
- A daily slaughtering capacity of more than 2 and up to 50 large animals. Or the capacity of handling more than 10 and up to 150 small animals. Or daily capacity of more than 50 to up to 1000 poultry birds.
- All food processing units including re-packers, with a daily capacity of not less than 100 kg/litters to up to 2 metric tons.